Sunday, February 16, 2014

Post-holiday Impressions



I know nobody had their expectations high for the next post on this blog, but… Surprise, surprise!
I wanted to share couple of pictures from our trip to USA and put down on  paper (akhm… “paper” )  my post-Christmas feelings  ( now how late am I?)
As lonely as it maybe feels sometimes in Munich, these Holidays were full of reunions, hugs and home –like feelings. Our celebration first started in Munich where part of our dispersed family reunited for Christmas Celebration.  

 
For the new year we ,Ismael and myself,  travelled to USA to see family and friends, feeling oh so fortunate to find time and means to do so(even if it meant cutting down the skiing training budget J).
But above all I want to immortalize with this post happiness and determination of starting my own little family with Ismael, and the ability to share these happy feeling with my mom, dad, sister and her family. The timing couldn’t have been better, Ismael! It is an ever overwhelming to know where and with whom you belong for the rest of the life and feel at ease with such decision.  It took me some time into our relationship to really apprehend how lucky I am to be chosen by this wonderful man. But since that moment I’ve had a clear vision of me always being on and by his side. And this very pretty ring on my hand just unsealed my lips to say it out loud.
Well, pictures say more than million words..

Starting off with the family portraits for Christmas 

This one is taken 2 min after 'The Proposal"

Such a happy me!

 

Arriving in USA and my dad's cooking... yumm!



 Toasting for the future family addition and to all the big wedding plans.


After the celebratory dinner, me and Ismael were surprised with this lovely cake ( and the cutest writing) 

Here we are full on preparations for the New Year's dinner!


Ismael is helping a bit.

 

The traditional "under the tree" pictures

3 generations with this tasty cute little baby 

A couple of touristy snaps in the depressingly  grey Washington























And cheerful but crazy cold Baltimore 
 


 That's about it! See u in a couple of months!( hopefully not, haha... oh well..)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love this post!! It is just perfect! :D It brought tears to my eyes seeing you speak of your and Ismael's little family! I am so looking forward to sharing our lives together and all of the experiences to come! :) Take care and keep on posting! ;)

    ReplyDelete